Comment Improvements – Week #1

I had a little bit of late start this week, but I got some work in.

I started out trying to figure out a way to thread the comment moderation page. After (figuratively) hitting my head against the wall for awhile, I temporarily gave up and moved on to working on the “Recent Comments” Dashboard widget in order to retain my sanity.

I have began work implementing the Quick Edit function on the Dashboard. I have the basics finished, but I’m still working on the AJAX response. (At the present it still outputs the <tr> element used on edit-comments.php.)

On a related note, I was surprised to see that a “Configure” page has been added to the widget in WP 3.0 already, complete with a setting for users to tweak the number of comments displayed. I wonder how I missed that…