Database migration – done?

I’ve been very busy this week but I’ve made some steady progress.  Attachments, comments and links now transfer fairly well! With the data, I should only need to fix up taxonomies and I’ll hopefully be finished.

I’ve also tested the plugin out on different systems. The plugin successfully migrates across my home computer, work computer and Dreamhost server! I’ll continue testing it out on different systems.

I fixed up the one line of code that broke with the WordPress 3 release.

The next stage is to start on FTP migration. The user will put in the FTP details for the remote server, the plugin will then upload all of the files and then transfer the data through XML-RPC. I will probably use AJAX to report the upload status.