Advanced Theme Editor and Revisioning System
- Revisioning, versioning, snapshots for theme files, through custom post types.
- Back the revisions by a diff engine, probably SyntaxHighlighter or TextDiff.
- Integrate a third-party live syntax highlighting editor.
- Sandbox functions.php and consider attempting to sandbox other files for parse/fatal errors.
- Identify modified themes in the unified upgrader.
- Better UI support for child themes, in the new theme editor, themes.php, and the GUU.
- Check for file changes on a cron and register revisions based on changes through FTP.
Miscellany thoughts and other considerations:
- Image uploads and revisions?
- Subfolders in themes?