A brief overview of the editor. These are generally in priority order, but will be shuffled around if the need arises. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment or contact me.
- Build a basic UI — a foundation with a good information hierarchy, etc.
- Selector management — provide a way for users to choose what they’re editing.
- Parse and write CSS.
- Editing features — UIs for background, typography, margins and padding.
- Selector registration — provide an API for developers to register selectors with names and properties (e.g. “blog header” instead of “#wrapper .post h2”).
- Color management — provide a fast way to change all instances of a specific color.
- Live preview — would be awesome. Give users immediate feedback for style changes.
- Developer tools — write APIs to allow developers to extend the editor.