My GSoC project is basically a BuddyPress aware Events Plugin. The features I plan to implement (by mid term):
- Basic event creation and registration.
- Complete integration with BuddyPress — activity streams, groups and forums for events. Essentially, work on a mapping capabilities for custom post types in some way to the various buddypress features.
- Allow creating events from the front-end in BuddyPress.
- Widgets, directories for events.
- Support maps.
- Maintaining hooks, filters everywhere to allow for easy extensibility — such as paypal integration.
- Allow adding custom meta data to events.
The only notable change from the proposal is not including media support — essentially photo albums for events — in the interests of completing everything before the midterms and have enough time for code cleanup. If, by a miracle, I happen to go ahead of schedule, I’ll try and add it in.